1. Information we collect
First, we collect the following personal information to recruit employees, to respond to inquiries related to employment, and to identify the persons covered by employment protection.
- Required information: Name, password for confirmation, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, nationality, educational background (school name, month and year of entrance/graduation, major, specialized major, grade, graduation status), career background (company name, job, position, department name, duration of employment), military service information, veterans information (if applicable), disability information (if applicable)
- Optional: career background (for new employees), language and other certifications (certification type, level, date of certification)
Second, we collect the following personal information to receive partnership proposals.
- Required information: Proposer’s name, email address
- Optional: Company name
Third, the Company collects the following personal information for receiving the consultation request/report to Corporate Ethics Center.
- Required information: Name, contact information, email address, password for checking the process result (if you submit anonymously, your personal information will not be collected.)
The following information may be automatically generated and collected in the course of using our services or handling businesses. - User’s browser type and OS, visit record (IP address, log-in time), cookies
We collect personal information by user input method through the web document of our website (http://webtoonscorp.com), and in some cases, we may collect some information in the forms of hard copies or emails.
2. Purposes of handling personal information
- A. To conduct recruitment process, to revise job application forms, to check acceptance, and to communicate with applicants
- B. To receive partnership proposals and to get back with the result after review
- C. To receive consultation request/report to Corporate Ethics Center and send concerned result.
3. Information we provide to third party
The company must use the user’s personal information within the range specified in “2. Purpose of Processing Personal Information”, not exceed the said range without prior consent from the data subject, and as a principal rule, not disclose the said information externally. However, the following are exceptions.
- - When Data subject has granted prior approval
- When requested by an investigative agency, through procedures and methods defined by law, for investigative purposes, in accordance with legal regulations.
There could be a situation where a job candidate being offered to join a company in a special relation with the Company (subsidiary, affiliate, etc.); however, in this case we shall contact the Applicant in advance to seek for approval before transferring the application to the concerned company.
In some cases, we offer jobs to applicants at the companies we have a particular relation to (subsidiaries, affiliate companies, etc.), and in these cases, we always obtain consent from the applicants by contacting them individually before we transfer applications to the respective companies.
4. Entrusting the Handling of Personal Information
The following personal information is entrusted for a seamless process of work at the Company, and the necessary provisions have been prepared, in accordance with related laws, for the safety of user’s personal information when executing an agreement to entrust personal information.
Organizations entrusted to handle the company’s personal information and the entrusted tasks are as shown below;
Period of retentions and use of
Naver Business Platform Corp.
Website development &
maintenance System operation &
Until the date when the purpose
of use is achieved
Corporate Ethics Center
operation & management
5. Period of Handling and Retention of Personal Information
The Company processes and retains the personal information during the retention/use period as agreed by the information agent while collecting the personal information and the personal information is discarded immediately after the purpose of its collection and use has been achieved.
However, the personal information of job applicant shall be stored in the Company’s human resources pool database for five years and used for regular employment occasion if the recruitment is required. However, if the applicant wishes his/her personal information to be deleted, the Company shall delete the said information without delay.
6. Procedure and methods of Personal Information Destruction
The Company deletes personal information immediately after the purpose of its use has been achieved. The destruction procedure and methods are as follows.
A. Destruction procedure
- Information that a data subject inserts is relocated to a separate database (a separate file for paper documents) after the purpose of its use has been achieved and stored for a specific period of time according to internal regulation and other reason as stipulated by related legislation (refer to “5. Period of Handling and Retention of Personal Information”) before being deleted.
- The personal information stated above is not used for other purposes, unless required by law.
B. Destruction method
- Personal information printed on paper is destroyed with a paper shredder or incinerator.
- Personal information stored in electronic files is deleted using technical methods that prevent its restoration.
7. Rights of Users and Methods of Exercising Those Rights
The information agent can view and modify his/her registered personal information at any time and may request for deletion or suspension of handling of the information.In the event the user requires deletion of information or suspension of handling, he/she shall contact the Chief Privacy Officer in writing, phone or email and the necessary measure will be taken without delay.
8. Measures to ensure the safety of personal information
The company has come up with the following measures to ensure that the personal information is safely secured, and not lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged when processed.
A. Encryption of password
Passwords that users have set while using the homepage are encrypted when saved and managed so that it can only be verified by the user. Personal information can only be viewed and changed by the user who knows the password.
B. Countermeasures against hacking attempts
The Company is making its utmost efforts to prevent personal information from being leaked or damaged due to hacking attempts or computer viruses. The company is backing up resources regularly to prepare for any possible damages made in the personal information, and uses the latest vaccine programs to prevent user’s personal information or resources from being leaked or damaged.
The company also utilizes methods, such as encrypted communication, to safely transmit personal information over the network. The company uses a firewall system to control all unauthorized access from the outside, while making efforts to prepare all possible technical measures to secure security in the systems.
C. Minimizing the number of and providing education for the employees who handle personal information
The privilege to handle personal information is restricted to a very limited number of employees designated by the Company. A separate password is granted for this purpose and renewed at a regular basis. The employees in charge undergo regular training to emphasize the importance of protection of personal information.
D. Operating an exclusive organization for privacy protection
9. Chief Privacy Officer information
You may file all privacy-related complaints, which arise during the use of the homepage to the chief privacy officer. The Company will provide you with an immediate and sufficient response to your inquiry.
|Chief Privacy Officer for Recruitment, Proposal||Chief Privacy Officer for Corporate Ethics Center|
If you need to report or consult about other privacy infringement issues, please contact the following organizations:
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center(http://privacy.kisa.or.kr / 118 without area code)
- Cybercrime Investigation Division, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office(http://www.spo.go.kr / 1301 without area code)
- Cyber Bureau, National Police Agency(http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr / 182 without area code)
- Notification date : 19 September 2019
- Enforcement date : 26 September 2019