1. Information we collect
First, we collect the following personal information to recruit employees, to respond to inquiries related to employment, and to identify the persons covered by employment protection.
- Required information: Name, password for confirmation, email address, contact information, date of birth, gender, nationality, educational background (school name, month and year of entrance/graduation, major, specialized major, grade, graduation status), career background (company name, job, position, department name, duration of employment), military service information, veterans information (if applicable), coding test results (if applicagle), interview results (if applicable), personality test results (if applicable), language and other certifications (certification type, level, date of certification)
- Optional: Disability information (if applicable), address
Second, we collect the following personal information to receive partnership proposals.
- Required information: Proposer’s name, email address
Third, the Company collects the following personal information for receiving the consultation request/report to Corporate Ethics Center.
- Required information: Name, contact information, email address, password for checking the process result (if you submit anonymously, your personal information will not be collected.)
The following information may be automatically generated and collected in the course of using our services or handling businesses. - User’s browser type and OS, visit record (IP address, log-in time), cookies
We collect personal information by user input method through our website, and in some cases, we may collect some information in the forms of hard copies or emails.
2. Purposes of handling personal information
- A. To identify applicants, to conduct recruitment process, to review qualifications, and to communicate with applicants
- B. To deal with the partnership proposals
- C. To respond to consultation requests/reports to Corporate Ethics Center and to communicate with the requestor/reporter.
3. Information we provide to third party
The company must use the user’s personal information within the range specified in “2. Purpose of Processing Personal Information”, and as a principal rule, not disclose the said information externally. However, the following are exceptions.
- - When Data subject has granted prior approval
- When requested by an investigative agency, through procedures and methods defined by law, for investigative purposes, in accordance with legal regulations.
There could be a situation where a job candidate being offered to join a company in a special relation with the Company (subsidiary, affiliate, etc.); however, in this case we shall contact the Applicant in advance to seek for approval before transferring the application to the concerned company.
In some cases, we offer jobs to applicants at the companies we have a particular relation to (subsidiaries, affiliate companies, etc.), and in these cases, we always obtain consent from the applicants by contacting them individually before we transfer applications to the respective companies.
4. Entrusting the Handling of Personal Information
The following personal information is entrusted for a seamless process of work at the Company, and the necessary provisions have been prepared, in accordance with related laws, for the safety of user’s personal information when executing an agreement to entrust personal information.
Organizations entrusted to handle the company’s personal information and the entrusted tasks are as shown below;
Period of retentions and use of
Naver Cloud Corp.
Website development & maintenance /
System operation & management
Until the date when the purpose
of use is achieved
Corporate Ethics Center
operation & management
5. Period of Handling and Retention of Personal Information
The Company processes and retains the personal information during the retention/use period as agreed by the information agent while collecting the personal information and the personal information is discarded immediately after the purpose of its collection and use has been achieved.
- - Job application: 5 years (if the applicant wants us to delete personal information, the personal information is discarded immediately)
- - 1:1 inquiry for job application: 6 months
- - Partnership proposal: Discarded after the response to proposal is completed
- - Consultation requests/reports to Corporate Ethics Center: 6 months after the purpose of its collection and use has been achieved
6. Procedure and methods of Personal Information Destruction
The Company deletes personal information immediately after the purpose of its use has been achieved. The destruction procedure and methods are as follows.
A. Destruction procedure
- Information that a data subject inserts is relocated to a separate database (a separate file for paper documents) after the purpose of its use has been achieved and stored for a specific period of time according to internal regulation and other reason as stipulated by related legislation (refer to “5. Period of Handling and Retention of Personal Information”) before being deleted.
- The personal information stated above is not used for other purposes, unless required by law.
B. Destruction method
- Personal information printed on paper is destroyed with a paper shredder or incinerator.
- Personal information stored in electronic files is deleted using technical methods that prevent its restoration.
7. Rights of Users and Methods of Exercising Those Rights
The information agent can view and modify his/her registered personal information at any time and may request for deletion or suspension of handling of the information.In the event the user requires deletion of information or suspension of handling, he/she shall contact the Chief Privacy Officer in writing, phone or email and the necessary measure will be taken without delay.
8. Additional Information on automatically generated information
A. What are cookies?
- Cookies are very small-sized text files that are stored on the PC through the web browser whenever a user accesses a website.
- When the user visits the website again, the website server reads the content of cookies stored on the user's PC and maintains the service usage environment that has been set by the user to enable convenient use of Internet services.
B. Purpose of using cookies
- Cookies are used to provide services that are customized for users by analyzing the information on visits, services used, and scale.
C. Rights of choice regarding cookies
Users have the right of choice regarding cookies, and by setting options in the web browser, they can allow all cookies, check whenever they are stored, or reject all cookies from being saved. However, preventing cookies from being saved to the computer may lead to inconveniences during the use of certain services that require login.
9. Measures to ensure the safety of personal information
The company has come up with the following measures to ensure that the personal information is safely secured, and not lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged when processed.
A. Encryption of password
Passwords that users have set while using the homepage are one-way encrypted when saved and managed in compliance with the related laws and regulations.
B. Countermeasures against hacking attempts
The Company is making its utmost efforts to prevent personal information from being leaked or damaged due to hacking attempts or computer viruses. The company is backing up resources regularly, uses the latest vaccine programs, and utilizes methods, such as encrypted communication. The company uses a firewall system to control all unauthorized access from the outside, while making efforts to prepare possible technical measures to secure security in the systems.
C. Minimizing the number of and providing education for the employees who handle personal information
The privilege to handle personal information is restricted to a very limited number of employees. We emphasize the importance of protection of personal information through regular training.
D. Operating an exclusive organization for privacy protection
The Company operates an exclusive organization for privacy protection and takes security measures to ensure that employees can comply with their obligations to protect personal information.
However, the Company will not be responsible for any problems that the Company is not attributable for such as incidents that arise from user’s negligence or accidents occurred from area that is not under the Company’s control although the Company had fulfilled its privacy protection obligation.
10. Chief Privacy Officer information
You may file all privacy-related complaints, which arise during the use of the homepage to the chief privacy officer. The Company will provide you with an immediate and sufficient response to your inquiry.
|Chief Privacy Officer for Recruitment, Proposal||Chief Privacy Officer for Corporate Ethics Center|
If you need to report or consult about other privacy infringement issues, please contact the following organizations:
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center(http://privacy.kisa.or.kr / 118 without area code)
- Cybercrime Investigation Division, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office(http://www.spo.go.kr / 1301 without area code)
- Cyber Bureau, National Police Agency(http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr / 182 without area code)
- Notification date : 15 October 2020
- Enforcement date : 22 October 2020